This is my main home online. It reflects content related to my law, library, information, and technology interests.
Who is David Whelan?
I improve information access and have worked at the American Bar Association, Southern Methodist University, and the Law Society of Upper Canada.
My complete resume/CV
I use this Web site – and a number of other blogs and sites – to have hands-on experience with technology and content management, and keep focused on legal technology and information areas. Over the years, I have worked in academia and for non-profits wearing hats as diverse as library director, chief information officer, electronic services librarian, adjunct lecturer on networked library systems, and Web team manager. I frequently speak at professional conferences and write in law and information publications about topics that interest me.
If you’d like to contact me, e-mail is the most reliable way and I will do my best to get in touch as quickly as I can. [ email@example.com ]
More about me
- The companion blog, Finding Legal Information, to my book, Finding and Managing Legal Information on the Internet, Second Edition, published by Thomson Reuters Canada Law Book
- Another companion blog, Practice Law in the Cloud, for my book by the same name, published by Thomson Reuters Canada Law Book.
- My Twitter feed @davidpwhelan
- My Bitly.com saved links
- My other social network profile
s: Google +|
- I post photographs I take as public domain images at Flickr and Morguefile
- Our family Librarything library
Wrong David Whelan
- I have not played for nor owned any football teams near Wigan
- I have not worked for Google or Boeing
- I do not write articles on health topics for Forbes, although I did go to the University of Iowa. He’s on Twitter at @WhelanHealth and blogging at Forbes.
- I was not sexually abused
- I have never worked for a Canadian law firm
- I am not a golf coach
- I am not a wine expert on Ireland’s TV 3 (he doesn’t spell it the same way, but that’s what people are searching for)